Oh Chell Oh Chell

Awesome!! Yeah I wish there was more to it than than, but it does what it's meant to. xD

The New Sexy YouTube Red The New Sexy YouTube Red

Hahahaha what the actual fuck? So damn funny (and hot!). Definitely getting YT red now (of course). Perfect execution! xD

Twisted Tales: Red Twisted Tales: Red

Disturbing with headphones. Needs more saturation; it was hard on the eyes. Also needs shadows and objects in the scene. The drawing aren't the best as you admitted. Great work anyways.

MonicaIvan responds:

Thank you for your review! Ah, I know, however for now I prefer to keep the animations simple(no shadows or objects) and only stick to the necessary it takes to get the point across :) Glad you found it disturbing, meant it did its job haha

Top down Pac Top down Pac

Challenging and addictive! Not too easy, not too difficult. The enemy AI is actually very good as they seem to target you instantly when you get nearby. I really like the controls though I would prefer to have the machinegun picked up by touching it, but it's no big deal. Graphics look amazing also! Nice work bro!

TheOverGhoul responds:

Thanks!

Deathbash Deathbash

Nice game. Good controls. However it's tedious having to press the Enter key everytime you die. Also the medals are broken.

Afraid of Dark Afraid of Dark

Those eyes haunt me in my sleep!! Very well made. Love the pixel graphics. There seems to be a bug where you can't access the 2nd night unless you go to the menu first.

desert breaks desert breaks

Prepare to get roasted muahahahahahha just kidding.

Starts off awesome. Love the build-up. Could have used a stronger snare however.

At 0:30 shit gets real. The voices are a great addition. It was interesting to hear them together with the beat and nothing else.

From 0:57 until 1:24 it kinda ruined it for me, doesn't seem to fit together with the rest of the song at all. The synth and the chords sound too mellow and off.

At 1:38, same as I said earlier, needs a stronger snare.

At 2:19 it's back to business, similar to 0:30. I consider these parts, and 1:52, to be the best parts of the song. They are the most catchy, there is a perfect balance between wobbly sounds and voices together with the beat.

Conclusion:
- Catchy as ยค&#()/)!#"!!!!!!
- Snare is too weak, especially at the build-up parts

So yeah you got roasted I guess :P

Sequenced responds:

Breakbeat generally doesn't have snares that loud.

The part at 0:58 was a bit experimental; just trying to fill in time I guess

Zen.R.G - Simulation (Complextro) Zen.R.G - Simulation (Complextro)

Starts off good but is quickly ruined by whatever the thing at 0:07 is supposed to be. The main melody seems to be off key at times. One minute in it gets much better though. I really liked the wobbly sounds! Great choice of instruments for the most part!

There is some room for improvement in the mastering though. One clear example is at 2:14. The drums are ear-piercing, think it would have sounded cooler if you had added some FX together with some white noise.
Or how about the transition at 1:30? The melody goes from being very separated to centered immediately. The volume throughout the song is fine however.

Conclusion:
- Catchy tune
- Needs better mastering

Basically not amazing but not terrible either. Better than average 3 stars though. Keep it up!

Zen-R-G responds:

That was a really helpful review! BTW, the thing at 0.07 was meant to be some 8-bit drums, and I was automating the high frequency band. I shouldn't have done that really. But I'll take your advice and try to improve my next songs with it. Thanks!

.:Townsfolk Melody:. .:Townsfolk Melody:.

First of all, try to be a little more positive. If you dislike your music so much then maybe you shouldn't be a composer yet. More often than not, shown negativity tends to alienate other users. I'm not saying that you can't be pessimistic about your music because that would make me hypocritical, but try to limit it somewhat. Anyway,

I think you should have given the thunder a little more time to fade out before introducing the bell already at 0:02. Perhaps 8-10 more seconds? Also I think the pace is going forward at a velocity that is too fast.
The "xylophone sound" sounds more like a high pitched kick and there's not much melody to be heard from it. The synth that starts to fade in at 0:17 hurts my ears and is just annoying.
I like the part at 0:51-1:25 though, because it seems like you were taking the time needed to set the mood for the song. After that the song repeats it seems.

Conclusion:
- Too short, should be at least 1 minute longer, preferably even more
- Very repetitive, nothing stands out
- Tempo is too fast
- 0:51-1:25 is the best part, even though it's used earlier in the song
- Good use of audio samples

I apologise for coming off as rude, I understand that FL studio can be hard to work with since I'm new to the program myself. But I hope that I've helped in some way at least.

BlueAlpha14 responds:

Heat of the moment man :v I probably should edit the description..
And it was longer, but the rendering was screwed up lol.

-Ok let me respond in order:
I didn't want to extend the thunder. But I also did throw this together shortly.
-The repetitiveness is something I didn't want to break. There was a repetitive break but it was very glitchy. I would show you if I didn't overwrite the file.
-At 0:17 the rendering screwed up, it didn't match the X modulator automation I set up.
-The tempo is 130 BPM, that's really too fast? I didn't really notice it. I tend to find it hard to edit the tempo after I compose it a bit, there's are all things I could fix if I could save and re-open a .flp file.
-I figured the Xylophone would fit since the synth at 0:17 didn't seem right to use.

Don't worry about coming off as rude, I really appreciate criticism. Personally I haven't been able to really sit down and focus. While this was my most complicated track, I hope I progress more and more. As said, even when I fail someday I'll get featured and I will look back at stuff like this ^^. Thanks for the review and I will put this into consideration if I attempt something like this in the future.

~Alpha

Taking a walk on a winter's morning Taking a walk on a winter's morning

I get a cool vibe from this picture. This is a very beautiful interpretation. I love the sharp contrast between the dark forest and the white snow. I also like how the light of the sun fades together with the mist, which I just noticed was created with the opposite color of yellow. In my opinion a path of flowers would give the scene more color, though the lack of colors might add to the sense of "coolness". I would guess that it was an intention.

alternativeartist responds:

Ruby Flow Ruby Flow

Beautiful.

Please do not cry for me, my beautiful soldier Please do not cry for me, my beautiful soldier

Truly beautiful. Cool concept and backstory. Love the color cyan!!

DrawingWithArthuz responds:

Thank you very much, I'm very glad you liked it ^^